The Importance of the Sabbath
God commands that we worship him on THE seventh day, not ANY day of our choosing. Think about that... Why would God specify a certain day if any day would do? God himself rested on the seventh day; He blessed the seventh day, and he wants us to set this day aside to rest from our work as well, as a sign between Him and us that we love Him and want to obey his commands. Will you do it?
So when is the Sabbath?
The Lord's true day of worship is SATURDAY.
Look at any calendar and you will see that the seventh day of the week is Saturday.
The Ten Commandments: (Exodus 20:3-17)
1 (3) Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
2 (4) Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
(5) Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
(6) And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
3 (7) Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
4 (8) Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
(9) Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
(10) But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
(11) For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
5 (12) Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
6 (13) Thou shalt not kill.
7 (14) Thou shalt not commit adultery.
8 (15) Thou shalt not steal.
9 (16) Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
10 (17) Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.